First, check out my first experience with essential oils, here. For years that was all I really knew about essential oils. It wasn’t until a few years ago that my current massage therapist really started educating me on uses for essential oils. She told me about the different uses such as remedies for common ailments and cleaning. I picked her brain, weekly, for at least a month before ordering my first Everyday Oils Kit. I was thrilled to try every oil when it finally arrived, and my life has never been the same!
Pinterest is a wonderful place to find ideas of how to use your essential oils. I’m going to go through the kit oil by oil and tell you a few of my favorite uses for each oil.
- Frankincense – I add this to most of my natural skincare items like Coconut Oil Eye Cream and Whipped Organic Coconut Body Butter to improve my skin. It’s also a vital ingredient in Valor to help balance your energy.
- Lemon – I like using Lemon to clean as it is a natural disinfectant.
- Lavender – OH BOY! I love Lavender!! It’s wonderful for all things skin. It reduces acne, scars and treats burns in no time. It is the active ingredient in LavaDerm Cooling Mist which will become your best friend if you have a sunburn. (Here is a whole post on The Versatility of Lavender Essential Oil!)
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (aka Tea Tree) – Tea Tree is a natural anti-fungal. It does the most work for me at the barn. My horse is prone to Thrush, a fungal infection in horses hooves, and a few drops of this is tough enough to kill the Thrush and gentle enough to prevent it.
- Peppermint – As I write this post, I’m smelling Peppermint. I put it in my window wells to prevent bugs from coming inside, it makes a great deterrent. Peppermint is also amazing at settling an upset stomach or lowering a fever.
- Joy – This is an oil you will often smell in my home, especially during Spring. It’s uplifting aroma eases tension and ups my energy. Everyone seems calmer when Joy is diffusing. You can also put some on your wrists for the same uplifting experience.
- Purification – Admittedly, I don’t use this oil very often because I don’t like how it smells, but it is a wonder at soothing mosquito bites! It also has citronella in it so applying it before going outside helps prevent mosquito bites to begin with!
- PanAway – Go ahead and read that as PainAway. This is the best painkiller! The best part is how quickly it works. Headaches, neck pain and sore muscles are no match for PanAway’s quick-acting power! I keep at least 2 bottles on hand at all times. One is fitted with an AromaGlide Roller Fitment for easy application, and the other keeps its drop reducer.
- Thieves – Y’all… I don’t even know where to begin! I love thieves so much that perhaps you should just read this post, It’s all about Thieves!
- Stress Away – While Joy is very uplifting, Stress Away is very calming. It works wonders to reduce stress and anxiety. Just open the bottle and inhale to reduce mid-day stress, or unwind at the end of a long day by adding a few drops to your bath.
These are the oils that started it all! It was only a matter of weeks before I started to run out of some of these oils, and that’s when I leaped into the Premium Starter Kit. Come back on Friday to learn more about the Premium Starter Kit, and how you can get started on the journey to an oily life!
The statements in this blog are based solely on my experience and are not a substitute for professional medical treatment. This is not advice specific for you, simply what has worked for me.
This blog contains affiliate links from which I may receive monetary compensation. I assure you that I only recommend the products I use, personally, for me and my family. Full disclosure policy here.