These cookies remind me of childhood. In fact, I still enjoy smearing around the melted chocolate kisses. 😉 I’ve used this recipe with delicious results every time. This recipe is nearly foolproof, and I’m ready to share this recipe with you.
*See directions at the bottom of the page on how to freeze cookie dough.*
In a medium sized mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt with a whisk (Baker’s tip: using a whisk to blend dry ingredients together will yield almost exactly the same results as sifting the ingredients together with half the effort). Using the beater attachment on your stand mixer, cream together softened butter and peanut butter. Beat in sugars, egg and vanilla extract until mixture is light and fluffy.
With your mixer on stir slowly add in dry ingredients, approximately 1/3 at a time. Mix until JUST combined.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls, roll through granulated sugar and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
Immediately after removing cookies from the oven, top with Hershey’s Kisses or Dove Milk Chocolate Hearts – especially cute for Valentine’s Day!
How to Freeze Cookie Dough: Prepare cookie dough as usual, roll dough into balls and coat in granulated sugar. Place dough balls on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet and freeze overnight. Place dough balls in a Ziploc bag and store in the freezer. Bake homemade cookies in minutes whenever you want them. Follow the same baking instructions.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 ¾ C. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 t. Baking Soda
- ½ t. Salt
- ½ C. Butter, softened
- 1/3 C. Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ C. White Sugar
- ½ C. Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt with a whisk.
- Using the paddle attachment on your stand mixer, cream together softened butter and peanut butter.
- Beat in sugars, egg and vanilla extract until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- With your stand mixer on stir, slowly add in dry ingredients roughly 1/3 at a time.
- Mix until ingredients are just combined.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll dough balls through sugar to coat all sides.
- Arrange on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Top with Hershey’s Kisses immediately after removing from the oven.
This blog contains affiliate links from which I may receive monetary compensation. I assure you that I only recommend the products I use, personally, for me and my family. Full disclosure policy here.